Another Chance for Hope- 1931

I have recently been released from prison! Oh how good it feels to be back at my home, my ashram. I feel like all the problems that once weighed down on my chest are gone... I have never had more pride in anyone than the people who stood up to the factory and took the British's violence; in the whole time, doing so, they did not fight back or retaliate in any form. I am especially proud of the way the women set up small medical posts to help and cure the wounded. The British recklessly attacked with bayonet ends, and struck at the head, spine, and body. Young men were hurt terribly, from what I hear, and this part of the news saddens me. But my joy of hearing they did not vindictively fight back brightens my day. I feel strengthened, and ready to continue my mission towards India's independence.

Today, another good news has fortunately reached me. I have been invited by Britain's representatives to take part in congressional meeting in London. This is termed the Round Table Conference where peace talks and possibilities of independence for India will be brought into consideration. I hope the conversation runs fairly well and smoothly- and that we are able to conclude a mutual relationship with benefits for both sides. I will spend quite some time in Britain. They have already taken a step forward by releasing all prisoners of the protest. I hope this symbiotic relationship continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment