Once Again Back in Prison.. -1932

I have again been put back in prison, for my "sedition" efforts on speaking out against the unjust rule of Britain again. These frequent trips to prison are no longer heart-breaking, but rather more welcoming. This prison is like a open spot to think and take decisive action. And as always, I have found another way to help the untouchables of our caste system.

Before I continue, let me clarify dear diary, I have often been faced with the problem of untouchables being regarded as inferior. They are a part of our "caste system" and reside at the complete bottom. They are discriminated against, their works and jobs are of abject conditions, and others continuous derogatory comments only debilitate their morality. Though it may be considered an anomaly, I actually support the untouchables for all the work they do- as I may have mentioned earlier, I used to clean the latrines to eliminate all sorts of hierarchal discrimination. I still stand by my position on the equality of all castes in India- no longer should we judge others by what caste they are of, and neither should we assign them jobs with their position in society.

I,therefore, have made the decision to fast until death if untouchables are not regarded as equals of other members in society. Hopefully my death itself will force the people to see the injustice towards our own people! God has created us all equally- we must treat each other with tantamount respect. The British have created a separate electorate just for the untouchables- this is also a form if inequality.






No comments:

Post a Comment