Bhramacharaya- 1906

As much as I hate to write this chapter, I must share my beliefs... I have recently taken a vow under the concept of Bhramacharaya. Bhramacharaya is pretty much abstinence from affairs with women out of my household, as well as my wife. I am basically abstaining from all forms of sexual activity- after living a married life. Why? What is teh point of this? What does this demonstrate?

It is all about the concept of self-control. It is similar to intemperate consumption of meat. I have also given up meat quite a while back- eagerly adopting the concept of vegetarianism. Why one again?

Both of these include the strict concept of self control. Self control is the core foundation of my campaign- for if I shall lose control throughout any point in this quest for equality I may soon turn out to be another Hitler, or man with corrupt ideals. We are all born with a specific insight and specific connection to each person we meet throughout our lives. This connection must be maintained- thus it is compulsory to dispel all thoughts or desires of sexual lust or desire with my wife Kasturbai. I have learned to control myself, and though, after 3-4 fail attempts I have finally overcome the turbulence. I am maintaining a steady stance and seem to be in good-shape as of now... Till next entry, I bid farewell

No comments:

Post a Comment