The Pain... The Agony- April 13, 1919

I do not know what is pulsing through the minds of the English, but it is not hard for me to claim they have indeed surpassed all limits. Shooting into the crowd, the British soldiers have killed mothers, newborns, fathers, and by doing so- have proven their recklessness and inability to maintain a stronghold on the nation India. The Amritsar Massacre is one of the most disturbing and important events in my life. General Dyer, the British soldier responsible for the attacks, seems completely shameless. The massacre has, like many other events, renewed my passion for fighting against the British- for their frantic actions of unscrupulous behavior have made me all the more but amiable towards them. Negotiations seem out of the question...

On this day, as I am hearing the news, I am weeping like a child... lost and confused. I am gaining strength again slowly and planning my next step towards the eradication of the British. This time, the step will be quite major- but do not take this step as a vindictive action... My perception the British aren't thinking wisely is confirmed as I come forth to take the next steppingstone towards success... The British will soon see it is indeed unwise to try and retain control with simply 100,000 soldiers(in comparison to 350 million Indians).

No comments:

Post a Comment